- 2014 CERTIFIED Interpreter, Administrative Office of the Trial Court, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2013 - 2015 Chairperson, New England Translators Association Annual Conference
- 2012 Court Interpreter, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Office of Court Interpreter Services
- 2011 - 2012 Translator for the Yamagata Prefectural Museum to make facilities accesible to non-Japanese clientele
- 2009 - 2010 Translator and Interpreter at the Yamadera Basho Memorial Museum and the Mogami Yoshiaki Historical Museum. Employed by the Yamagata Municipal Culture Foundation to make facilities accesible to non-Japanese clientele
- 2004 - 2012 Teaching and doing research, resident in Japan.
- 2002 - 2006 International Planning Group, Wellesley, MA. Japan focused research and translation in finance and investments
- 1989 - Present Owner/ Manager of Baron-Charms International, providing interpretation, translation, and cross-cultural training/consulting services focused on Japan.
- 1997 - Present Listed in the Washington State Office of the Administrator for the Courts as a Qualified Court Interpreter.
- 1997 - Present Authorized by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services to provide medical interpreting.
- 1985 - 1995 Served actively on the Board of the Seattle-Kobe Sister Cities Association. Chaired the 35th Anniversary Celebration, a year long exchange project.
- 1985 - 1993 Served actively on the Board of Directors of The Seattle Cherry Blossom Festival. Served as Executive Secretary1987-1990.
- 1980 - 1984 Visitor Program Officer, Seattle World Affairs Council. Arranged itineraries/logistics for U.S. State Department visitors.
Professional Education Highlights
- 2015 CCHICore Certification in Medical Interpreting
- Spring 2015 "An Introduction to American Law", University of Pennsylvania course
- 2012 Continuing education, Office of Court Interpreter Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2011 Cross Cultural Communication Systems "Art of Medical Interpreting" Training
- 2011 Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level Two certificate
- 1997 "Interpreting in Court: A Practical Approach", 80 hour training offered by the Office of the Courts and Seattle Central Community College.
- 1996 “Bridging the Gap” Medical Interpreter training offered by the Cross Cultural Health Care Program
- 1995 "Interpreting in Mental Health", course offered by Asian Counselling & Referral Services.
- 1995 "Court Interpreter Training", course offered by the Office of the Administrator for the Courts of the State of Washington and Washington Academy of Languages Translation and Interpretation Institute.
- 1993 "The Art of Interpreting", course offered by Central Seattle Community Health Centers Hospital Interpretation Program, and the Council on Interpreter Training. Consistent participant in the Medical Interpreters FORUM, bi-monthly specialized training.
- 1993 - 1999 Instructor, North Seattle Community College, "Basic, and Continuing, Functional Japanese".
- 1973 - 1974 Graduate degree work in Japanese Studies at University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- 1969 - 1973 B.A. in Chinese and Japanese awarded by Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
- 1970 - 1971 Kokusai-gakubu (International Program) of Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan.
- Active member ATA, the American Translators Association
- NETA, the New England Translators Association, 2013 Conference Committee
- NOTIS, the Northwest Translators and Interpreters Society